Opportunities to Give
If you would like to give back to Sycamore Manor in a way that will make a difference in the lives of others, please consider becoming a part of our family of donors, volunteers or staff.
Whether you wish to volunteer, donate funds or support our “wish list,” Sycamore Manor is grateful for your continued support and generosity. We welcome your financial support, as well as other donations that may include gifts of equipment or items that serve to enhance and enrich our residents’ daily lives. You may designate the specific purpose of your gift at a local level, or contribute to the multi-community programs of Presbyterian Senior Living.
Our volunteers are an important part of who we are and contribute significantly to the quality of life experienced by our residents. They provide donated services, which include:
- Friendly visits to read, write letters or just chat.
- Transporting residents in their wheelchairs to in-house therapy, church services, activities, or outside sunshine visits.
- Assisting Activities Staff with card games, bingo, discussion groups, or exercises.
- Providing assistance with shopping excursions or baking cookies.
- Assisting staff with decorating for special events and seasons.
- Performing or assisting other entertainers.
- Pet therapy.
- General maintenance support such as changing light bulbs, painting, or weeding flower beds.
- Assisting with or conducting worship services or Bible studies.
- Participating in Christmas gift and stocking stuffer programs.
- Providing beauty shop support, which might include nail polishing or simply sitting with a resident while they are under the hair dryer.
- Participating in Auxiliary or Sycamore Manor fundraising projects.
- Providing special services such as mending, making holiday favors and more.
If you feel you could benefit from the wisdom, experience and friendship of others, we would like to talk with you about volunteering. Please contact Melissa Beach (570) 601-8100 or email@example.com for more information.
To learn more about our employment opportunities, please visit the Presbyterian Senior Living Employment web site.